Thursday, October 22, 2015

Narrowing My Focus

In the following post, I will elaborate on a select few of the questions I presented in my previous post, emphasizing why I find they are important to know in the context of my selected controversy.

ClkerFreeVectorImages "Forum Question Answer" 10/22/2012 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain License.

Important Questions


Have any men spoken out about their own circumcision, having been unsatisfied with the decision they were unable to make?

My previous research didn't lead me to any sources from men who were personally against the practice of circumcision. Without evidence from this group, the argument is completely invalid. Circumcision may be unnecessary, but it is not necessarily harmful. A firsthand account from a man is the only way to resolve this issue.


What justifications do religions give for circumcision? Do they have any convincing health factors of their own?

I think this question is both viable and interesting. The main motivation for circumcision throughout history has always been religion. I am curious to know exactly why religion so heavily supported and enforced circumcision of neonates. Do they have any health benefits of their own? Or is it only a suspicion related to preconceived notion? This will help to answer the question of whether circumcision itself was even started with any explicit purposes 


Are other cultures (apart from America) starting to question circumcision in the modern world?

This question is in large part to define the scope of the controversy. Is this something that is only important in first world countries? Knowing this answer would help to confirm who the true audience is, and moreso, whether there really is a controversy at all, or if it's simply a slight unsettlement in the traditionally way of thinking about circumcision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment