Saturday, September 19, 2015

Paragraph Analysis

In this post I will analyze the paragraphs of my Quick Reference Guide, utilizing the points and guidelines in the Rules for Writers textbook.

Bellucci, Marco. "Question Mark" 8/4/2005 via flickr. Attribution 2.0 Generic License.

Link to Copy for Paragraph Analysis QRG


Reflection


Though I am unfamiliar with this genre and have been learning a lot about my strengths and weaknesses in different modes of writing, I am fairly confident with my writing on a paragraph-to-paragraph basis. As such, I didn't find many aspects that I felt needed much improvement. That being said, I did find some of what the book mentioned helpful.

In reference to my QRG, I need to consider reviewing the main points in each of my paragraphs. In my eyes, a lot of what the book said on this point was vague and irrelevant to this genre. As a QRG consists of many smaller paragraphs, repeating a main point that links to the thesis at the beginning of every paragraph would be pointless, and definitely defeat the QRG's purpose of being concise and easy to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment