Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cluster of My Controversy

In this post I will be using an invention method known as clustering to organize my controversy. I used the website XMind to create my cluster.

M, W. "Thinking." (8/30/2008) via flickr. Attribution Share-Alike Generic 2.0 License. 

In my cluster, I simplified the information of my controversy into the five designated topics. I started with the INFORMATION category, clearly stating both schools of thought, expanding on the types of figures in each of those groups in the MAJOR SPEAKERS/GROUPS category. I very briefly alluded to where and what their arguments are, emphasizing the category PURPOSE/VALUES as Life is the ultimate goal.

Reflection
I looked through a lot of our classmates' clusters, and was interested to see that many people used Coggle as their sources. Kelly and Brandon both used this method, and I was very impressed with both of their clusters. They were very detailed and very thorough in illustrating their topics. I find that I had a different method. Outlines are most useful to me when they are concise, giving me a starting point and not much else. I also think this may be partly due to the fact that my topic is less specific, and as such, has less specific speakers, etc. I am looking forward to the differences that may or may not be present in our QRG's as a result of this. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like that you used the positioning of each topic to separate out all of your information. It made it very easy to follow. I've never used XMind, but maybe I'll try it for the next cluster I make for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The easy to follow lines made the information very accessible and easy to follow. XMind seems like a very useful software. Also the subheadings of each new branch made it easy to find what you were looking for when you scan this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cluster is very organized. The use of colors and easy to follow lines allow reader to get the general idea of the argument/ debate within your discipline. I am surprise you used XMind for your cluster, the last time I used that program, my computer almost crashed. So I guess that is the only thing I cant relate with regarding your post; a quality computer. Also, I have to agree that your use of subheadings made each new branch more readable.

    ReplyDelete