Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

In this post, I will analyze grammatical elements of my writing style by focusing on a specific paragraph (the longest paragraph) from my QRG.

Eyal, Alex. "Sentience Structure." 1/4/2010 via flickr. Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike 2.0 Generic License.

Link to Longest Paragraph Exercise

The only grammatical aspect that I found I had trouble identifying in my paragraph was the "Sentence Purposes" category. I found the absence of exclamatory and imperative sentences indicative of a QRG. My purpose is not to enforce my opinion with exclamatory and imperative sentences. My paragraph consisted of entirely declarative sentences. I believe this was fitting for the genre; however, I might have to consider incorporating the other sentence purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment