Saturday, September 5, 2015

Annotated Bibliography in APA Style

The annotated bibliography below is the result of the sources mentioned in my previous posts on general, scholarly and social media sources focusing on the controversy of neonatal nursing ethics. It is in APA (American Psychological Association) Style.

Ponder, E. "annotatedbib_tagxedo" 5/29/2012 via flickr. Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike 2.0 Generic License. 













**Example of APA Annotated Bibliography at the Rules for Writers Website.

Four Additional Sources


Reflection
The first thing I noticed was that I was not alone in struggling with the formatting on blog post, which reassured me immensely. I also noticed that I might be providing too much information in my annotations. In Morgan's post (also in APA style), I saw shorter annotations. Our references/headlines were very similar, but our descriptors were very different. I cannot say who exactly is more accurate, but my assumption would be that somewhere in the middle would be the best solution.

In Jayni's post (ACS style), I saw the true differences between two different styles. Her references were very short and concise, whereas my field's style required more detail and lengthier pieces of information. This was interesting to me. Jayni's style guide was related to chemistry. As chemistry is a very complex field, I would have assumed its references would have been much more detailed.

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting how all the different types of ways to annotate works vary by name greatly but are similar in format. For me, as an engineering student I must use the American Society of Mechanical Engineers' (ASME) style of citation. I think the biggest difference between the two styles in the way the title of a work is presented. Looking at your annotation I noticed that you must italicize your titles while for engineers we put it in quotes. The way the author's name(s) are formatted is the same as well as including the name of the source / publisher. Another difference I saw was that you typed out "retrieved from," while we simply put quotes around our links. Great job and very insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Is An Annotated Bibliography in MLA Format? An annotated bibliography in MLA format is a list of research sources with brief descriptions that are referenced in the Modern Language Association (MLA) format. Annotated bibliographies have each research source as a bibliographic entry, and contained within each entry is a paragraph or a few lines on the source itself. See more annotated bibliography apa 6th edition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that your style of annotated bibliography included the full URL of the source listed. That seemed to be the only major difference between yours and mine, In MLA style. You also were very explicit in your summaries of each source as you listed exactly how you were going to use it. I implied my motives more, but it was refreshing because your bibliography is very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wrote in APA style. I definitely think that our annotations looks very similar. Upon comparing them, they both look as if they were formatted correctly. The only difference we had is that I did not indent the description of the source like you did. One thing I like about your annotated bibliography is how you specified what you are going to use each source for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thia is a really great post on Annotated Bibliography in APA Style Thank you so much for this kind of post. Here are some annotated bibliography apa 6th edition related post. You should see this posts. Thank you once again for marvelous post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Apa Annotated Bibliography Maker

    ReplyDelete