Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

In the following post, I will reflect on my writing process by revisiting my first two blog posts in this course, "My Writing Process" and "Calendar Reflection."

Doug "Old News" 5/15/2010 via flickr. Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike 2.0 Generic License.


Reading "My Writing Process," I can generally say that my writing style and process has not been altered all that much through the course of the semester. I defined myself as a heavy reviser, which I would still say is true today. However, on that note, I also think that the definition of a heavy reviser has changed in the context of this course. As a majority of our projects were more heavily focused on structure and visuals (as with the QRG and my Public Argument), my heavy revision personality had to be adjusted. When I described my preference for heavy revising, it was in the context of the writing courses I had taken up to that point, which consisted largely of heavy writing assignments, etc. 

I say all this because my adjustments in relation to being a heavy reviser are connected with the time management habits I have developed in this course. I have had to bid my time very well to satisfy my heavy revising. The projects in this course were no small feats, and certainly couldn't be "put off." As such, I found that my time management and heavy revising process somewhat coincided. Much of my time management consisted of my spreading out time to revise my project. 


*               *                *


I can finally say I've become somewhat adapted to college life. That being said, I now hold a firm view of how my time management will look in the future, in reference to work, school and family. My process is definitely a very sequential, precarious sort of process. Though not perfectly, I kept to my "Calendar Reflection" considerably well. This calendar depicts my strategy in this semester and the future semesters. I found I was most productive by providing little chunks of time for each class, everyday. This ensured I never fell behind in any course, while focusing on another one.

My performance in this course suggests to me that I will be a very organized worker when it comes to my eventual employment in a professional field. Success for me means a clear organization of how my time needs to be dictated. I have very specific to-do lists in my mind with the beginning of everyday, which I believe will benefit me when it comes to working in the "real world."



No comments:

Post a Comment