Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reflection on Project 3 Draft

In the following, I will reflect on the feedback I received in reference to my Project 3 Draft.

Geralt "Feedback Men Talk Communication" 7/15/2015 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain License.


The two classmate reviews that I peer edited are linked below:




Draft of My Public Argument 

1. Dylan peer-reviewed my rough draft. 

2. I found the feedback Dylan provided to be very helpful. Reading his draft, I recall that he himself is apt in the film-making industry. His suggestions were both centered around improving my argument and also in improving the quality of the video. For example, he suggested I move a particular title further ahead in the video to avoid losing my viewers. A theatrical suggestion he made (which I wholly agree with) was to alter the "effect" I used in subtitles, because it became annoying after a while. Watching my video over again, it really popped out at me and I definitely agree. 

3. I feel the area I need most improvement in is genre. My draft was a very, very rough depiction of what I want the final version to look like. Dylan (politely) used the term "annoying," which is definitely not what I want for my audience. 

I also need to improve the argumentation of my draft, which may include rearranging the format of my video, cutting out certain information, or making my voice more objective (as was suggested by Dylan). I will consider all of these as I move forward in the process.

4. Knowing that my draft was a very rough outline of what I wanted it to be, I feel much better after the progress I made this week. Speaking with Professor Bottai and having the week to work on improving my video really helped in the process. Already I feel that my draft has significantly improved from where it was last week; and with the input I received in the peer review, I believe I can make it even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment